BATF Form 1 Paperwork Link/Required Form #'s

Forum for discussing NFA firearms and accessories such as suppressors, SBR and full-auto goodies.
zeebm4

Re: BATF Form 1 Paperwork Link/Required Form #'s

Post by zeebm4 » 18 Jan 2011, 16:05

If anyone doesn't want to go through the hastle of paying an attorney or website for a trust, I have a Sample Copy I have used in the past to get my stuff. I have been told that some states are more picky than others, but I know that mine works in CO.

If anyone wants it PM me and I can send it to ya.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 25 Jul 2011, 06:23

I have S. Snook, called today. It went pending May 9th.
كاف

kwesi

Post by kwesi » 25 Jul 2012, 19:32

jmz5: when I lived in Fl. Sandra (Sandy) Snook handled most of my Form 4's. She was always great to deal with and took my calls when I had a question.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 17 Nov 2012, 19:23

!@#$

The NFA branch just returned two form 1s to me because box 3b included the word "The" before the name of the trust.

#$%@
$%^#
$#%@
!!!!111

I'm tempted to include a primer on articles and grammar along with my revised forms when I send them back.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 18 Nov 2012, 09:44

That stinks!! I want to send in a form 1 to SBR my 15-22, but i'm kinda waiting to see if the new e-forms ever come to life.
كاف

rnelson11

Post by rnelson11 » 14 Jan 2014, 04:44

downtrodden wrote:Just a suggestion for someone who may be bored and knowledgeable- maybe clean this thread up and then make it into a repository of FAQ material about the SBR process, like step by step know how from Which barrel twist rates work best for what kind of ammo, who makes barrels, When you need to fill out which form(making SBR vs. Buying already converted SBR), who qualifies as a "chief LEO" and the legal ways to circumvent signature (Trust or LLC) and maybe some tips from people who have formed Trusts solely for the purposes of SBRs and Silencers... That's another topic to touch on, who makes Silencers for the Ps90 and Fiveseven and options for mounting silencers.... I think it would save a lot of people a lot of breath if someone could put as much info as possible in an easy to understand post. The process of SBRing is so daunting that it scares people away from what seems to be a fantastic and fulfilling aspect of our hobby...

For instance I live in a county where the sheriff and judge has said "No class 3 in MY county- unless you're my friend" it's legal here- they just refuse to sign, so i have to form a trust... but I don't know if it would look weird that i'm a young man, i own nothing of value to pass along and i'm not married and have no children- so i have nothing to leave to anyone... Can i still form a trust? Or better yet- how should i write my trust? I have some valuables like my unfired NDM-86- but nothing big like a car or home or vast amounts of money, you know?

Anyway, sorry for the rambling- it was just a thought and i know it's a big undertaking to write up a comprehensive post for this forum- but i figure most people here would benefit from the effort and proliferation of information helps expand our hobby!
I live in SC and formed an NFA Trust for my AR15 SBR and suppressor. According to the lawyer who set up my trust it is only for NFA weapons. In other words you can not include your house, car or any other personal property. The main advantage of the trust is that you do not need LEO sign off, fingerprints or pictures with the application. The other advantage is that if something happens to you then whoever is assigned the trust legally owns the weapons and does not have to get rid of them within 30 days as would be the case if you owned the weapons yourself. In other words if you die then whoever inherits the weapons (if you have a will or not) illegally owns the weapons and can be arrested but usually the ATF will give then 30 days to dispose of them.