NFA Wait Times

Forum for discussing NFA firearms and accessories such as suppressors, SBR and full-auto goodies.
Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

NFA Wait Times

Post by Esteves » 13 May 2012, 06:46

TTAG: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/0 ... -in-sight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tracking: http://www.nfatracker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trending: http://www.randominfo.net/NFA/WaitTimeTrend.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Predictor: http://www.randominfo.net/NFA/NfaWait.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FML FtNFA
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Re: NFA Wait Times

Post by jgreenberg01 » 13 May 2012, 06:55

Holy crap, that time calculator is depressing! I am thinking about getting a can for my 308, so I entered that the ATF cashed my (hypothetical) form 4 check today - it said I have a 68% chance of getting my stamp February NEXT YEAR.

Not FML... FtheATF!
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

soap_box

Post by soap_box » 13 May 2012, 08:26

Having been through this process 15 times, I still have to take the time to remember that we are fortunate to have the freedom to purchase these items. It helps with the wait time and makes the end result more rewarding. Think of how many people in the world can't even own a gun and we get to get the really cool ones!

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 13 May 2012, 08:55

Philosophically, I do try to count my blessings. It certainly could be worse (and is, in most parts of the world.)

At the same time, I feel triply violated.
0) Having to ask permission in the first place, when its a "nunya" issue.
1) Made worse by having to ask permission when (in mine and most cases) the decision will be yes.
2) Having to wait for an extended period of time for the yes, because the bureaucracy can't get its act together.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

soap_box

Post by soap_box » 13 May 2012, 09:24

I guess I just see the glass half full.

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 13 May 2012, 11:01

im not going to say that i like the wait but i do like that the price of a stamp hasn't gone up with inflation.

ddouglas
Gold Member

Post by ddouglas » 13 May 2012, 11:05

Esteves is right: We should count our blessings, but we should also bemoan the inconvenience to have to bear the burden of the things we are guaranteed by our Constitution. I visited The UK two years ago for a family visit. I brought a couple of magazines with me for the over and back flights. No problems going over, but when we went through security at Heathrow, they confiscated a copy of Handloader magazine I had with me. When I balked, the guy called his manager and he and another not-too-pleasant-looking guy come over. The manager explained to me that carrying such a magazine onto the airplane "...could cause the other passengers to get nervous." "It's only a magazine with pictures of guns", I said, "It can't shoot or threatened anyone...it's only a magazine." They were not convinced nor were they amused and confiscated it. Jeesh...a magazine. So, yes, we should thank God, we live in a nation that isn't filled with chicken-shit, lily-livered, fear-filled whiners.

Ubetit

Post by Ubetit » 17 May 2012, 18:48

Just got two back. 6 months to the day when my check was cashed

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 17 May 2012, 19:00

apparently the nfa branch got a bunch of helpers in. hopefully they will help move things along faster.

57js

Post by 57js » 18 May 2012, 05:30

srt-4_jon wrote:apparently the nfa branch got a bunch of helpers in. hopefully they will help move things along faster.
Can only hope. I sent a form 1 and several form 4s in last month, and none of them have entered the system. The oldest had the check cashed on April 2. Six weeks and still hasn't entered the ATF's system. I don't expect the tax stamps now until December or January.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 19 May 2012, 10:41

That is depressing, makes the next stamp even harder to decide on.
كاف

57js

Post by 57js » 19 May 2012, 11:53

jmz5 wrote:That is depressing, makes the next stamp even harder to decide on.
You just have to make a quick decision if you want the item before June 2013. I am waiting on a 5.56 suppressor to come in so I can send out the form 4. I was in my local gun store today, and they told me the tax stamp for one person just came in...13 months after he sent everything to the ATF. :furious:

I am thinking of moving out of my area, and if I do that I will have some issues with the ATF since the applications will not be approved yet by the time I move. What a mess.

dharri21

Post by dharri21 » 24 May 2012, 16:38

I just received my stamp on the 23 May 2012 for a Gemtech SFN-57 silencer that went pending on Nov 8, 2011 which is only 6.5 months. My last silencer was just under 6 months in April 2012. I was told by the receptionist at the NFA that they have been under a hiring freeze since 2004 and that with the increased volume it takes longer.

57js

Post by 57js » 24 May 2012, 17:00

dharri21 wrote:I just received my stamp on the 23 May 2012 for a Gemtech SFN-57 silencer that went pending on Nov 8, 2011 which is only 6.5 months. My last silencer was just under 6 months in April 2012. I was told by the receptionist at the NFA that they have been under a hiring freeze since 2004 and that with the increased volume it takes longer.
It has been two months since ATF cashed my check on my first item, and it still hasn't gone pending. ATF said to wait a few more weeks, and then I can ask them to start looking into what happened to my paperwork. That means the seven months it is taking won't start until June so I am looking at January or later if they can't find my paperwork.

ATF supposedly hired 10 contract assistants to help out to speed things up, but it may take some time for them to get up to speed.

Ubetit

Post by Ubetit » 26 May 2012, 18:28

My most two most recent stamps were 6 months checked cashed to stamp received.

Crawfish80

Post by Crawfish80 » 26 Jun 2012, 18:53

Ok reading all of this it sure sounds like the ATF is backlogged. :wall:

Anyone from Texas have the NFA gun trust set up? Just looking into it and was wondering what people thought about it.

Good/Bad? Lots of paperwork?

I see a couple of class III dealers offer services for a couple hundred bucks.

Any feedback would be good. Just looking at expanding my collection, would be nice to get a PS90 SBR with a suppressor. Along with a couple other new weapons.

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 26 Jun 2012, 20:22

if you have a wife and kids, trust is the way to go.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 27 Jun 2012, 04:21

I saw on silencertalk, there are plans to roll out an e-form. I don't have any details.
كاف

57js

Post by 57js » 27 Jun 2012, 05:26

srt-4_jon wrote:if you have a wife and kids, trust is the way to go.
I would say a trust is probably the way to go even if you don't have wife and kids. In some cases, it is the only way to go if your police chief won't sign off on the form. Just make sure you have some trustworthy people you can add as a trustee though you can even set up a trust with only you as a trustee, if you want.

57js

Post by 57js » 27 Jun 2012, 05:35

Crawfish80 wrote:Ok reading all of this it sure sounds like the ATF is backlogged. :wall:

Anyone from Texas have the NFA gun trust set up? Just looking into it and was wondering what people thought about it.

Good/Bad? Lots of paperwork?

I see a couple of class III dealers offer services for a couple hundred bucks.

Any feedback would be good. Just looking at expanding my collection, would be nice to get a PS90 SBR with a suppressor. Along with a couple other new weapons.
Not from Texas, but make sure you read through the trust if you get one off the internet or from a dealer. Most of them have been taken straight off Quicken which is good for 90% of the basic trusts, but firearms trusts are a little different because you there are things that can disqualify someone from being a trustee that you need to put into the trust. What happens if one of your trustees get convicted of a felony or domestic violence? That person can't possess a firearm now so your trust needs to deal with it in all the proper legal terms. There are some other issues that the Quicken trusts have as well so I would recommend a lawyer who has done this before. I am not just saying this as an attorney who does write them up, but as someone who wants you to make sure the trust is written properly because if it isn't you are facing a) 10 years/$250k fine, b) ATF requiring immediate removal of NFA firearms if they approve tax stamp and then decide trust isn't valid on a subsequent form you send them, and c) ATF requiring you to get a proper trust set up if trust isn't proper the first time. I haven't heard of a) happening because of a bad trust, but don't take the chance. B and C have happened in some cases. ATF tells person on a subsequent application that trust is invalid so that all previously approved NFA with that trust are now canceled so items have to be taken from their possession until another trust is created, and ATF issues a tax stamp for that. That means another $5 or $200 fee plus a six month wait.

Don't risk it.

Trusts take a short time to set up, and then usually only need updates when you add/remove a trustee with amendments which you can often do yourself.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Jun 2012, 06:52

57js wrote:Not from Texas, but make sure you read through the trust if you get one off the internet or from a dealer. Most of them have been taken straight off Quicken which is good for 90% of the basic trusts, but firearms trusts are a little different because you there are things that can disqualify someone from being a trustee that you need to put into the trust. What happens if one of your trustees get convicted of a felony or domestic violence? That person can't possess a firearm now so your trust needs to deal with it in all the proper legal terms. There are some other issues that the Quicken trusts have as well so I would recommend a lawyer who has done this before. I am not just saying this as an attorney who does write them up, but as someone who wants you to make sure the trust is written properly because if it isn't you are facing a) 10 years/$250k fine, b) ATF requiring immediate removal of NFA firearms if they approve tax stamp and then decide trust isn't valid on a subsequent form you send them, and c) ATF requiring you to get a proper trust set up if trust isn't proper the first time. I haven't heard of a) happening because of a bad trust, but don't take the chance. B and C have happened in some cases. ATF tells person on a subsequent application that trust is invalid so that all previously approved NFA with that trust are now canceled so items have to be taken from their possession until another trust is created, and ATF issues a tax stamp for that. That means another $5 or $200 fee plus a six month wait.

Don't risk it.

Trusts take a short time to set up, and then usually only need updates when you add/remove a trustee with amendments which you can often do yourself.
Thanks for the warning about the computer generated trusts. I knew there was a problem but couldn't think of the best way to word it. :laugh: I just wish they weren't so smeggin' expensive (lawyers wanted $400).
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

57js

Post by 57js » 27 Jun 2012, 16:31

Rapier1772 wrote:
57js wrote:Not from Texas, but make sure you read through the trust if you get one off the internet or from a dealer. Most of them have been taken straight off Quicken which is good for 90% of the basic trusts, but firearms trusts are a little different because you there are things that can disqualify someone from being a trustee that you need to put into the trust. What happens if one of your trustees get convicted of a felony or domestic violence? That person can't possess a firearm now so your trust needs to deal with it in all the proper legal terms. There are some other issues that the Quicken trusts have as well so I would recommend a lawyer who has done this before. I am not just saying this as an attorney who does write them up, but as someone who wants you to make sure the trust is written properly because if it isn't you are facing a) 10 years/$250k fine, b) ATF requiring immediate removal of NFA firearms if they approve tax stamp and then decide trust isn't valid on a subsequent form you send them, and c) ATF requiring you to get a proper trust set up if trust isn't proper the first time. I haven't heard of a) happening because of a bad trust, but don't take the chance. B and C have happened in some cases. ATF tells person on a subsequent application that trust is invalid so that all previously approved NFA with that trust are now canceled so items have to be taken from their possession until another trust is created, and ATF issues a tax stamp for that. That means another $5 or $200 fee plus a six month wait.

Don't risk it.

Thanks for the warning about the computer generated trusts. I knew there was a problem but couldn't think of the best way to word it. :laugh: I just wish they weren't so smeggin' expensive (lawyers wanted $400).
There are so few attorneys who do NFA trusts that we can charge a bit more. I know of only two or three attorneys in the Las Vegas area that does NFA trusts, and most start at $200. The more complicated it is, the higher the price. There are a fair amount of attorneys who can write up a good trust. It is the NFA part that will cause problems since there aren't many attorneys who deal with NFA as well as the other subsequent laws.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Jun 2012, 17:48

I know there few who understand NFA trusts - I called around :laugh: Even in Idaho, most didn't feel comfortable enough with the laws to go through with it - of course, that was Boise area... :ponder: Damn hippies :p
& I am not dissing on lawyers for charging so much. If the skills are in demand, people (or lawyers) can charge what they want. (ok, maybe I am picking on lawyers a little) :p

I just couldn't afford an extra $400 on top of what I was already paying for the tax stamp, suppressor, and threaded extension (~$1k total). The only other thing I would need a trust for is my PS90 once I can afford the SBR.

Plus, I don't have wife/kids & I don't trust anyone else with my guns so I can't really see the point of getting one. :laugh:

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 28 Jun 2012, 04:19

Domestic situation aside, there's one more good reason for an NFA Trust... you only have to do it one time for all of your NFA items. That means no waiting, ever, for CLEO sign-off or FBI fingerprint checks to be performed.

And if you do ever have a brain-fart and enter into holy matrimony and even (gasp) have rugrats... you're set. Just add them as Trustees, again no CLEO sign-off and no FBI fingerprint cards.

Not to pile on lawyers but, what do you call 6 lawyers buried up to their necks in sand?

A severe shortage of sand.
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

Crawfish80

Post by Crawfish80 » 29 Jun 2012, 03:47

Thank you all for the information.

Yes I went in and spoke with a Class III dealer by my house yesterday. Turns out that the owner of the shop just happens to be a lawyer, he originally opened up the shop and become a class III dealer to support his passion for weapons, he told me that the nice perk was when the shop actually started making money a couple years back. In any case HE sets up all the paperwork specifically for the NFA trust. I personally will not be adding any other people on it right now. The large reason to get it is that I live in Houston, so getting the CLOE to sign off on NFA weapons is not that easy.

Thanks for the post, always good to hear others opinions on subjects.

Now any one know of some one selling a PS90? SBR? Can?

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 09 Jul 2012, 07:54

I paid up front for a .308 can in late January or early February. It has still not been transferred to the dealer. I suspect that the current administration is doing what they can to make the agency "drag their feet" on these approvals. The local dealer said that once he gets the can, it will be another 6 months or so before he can transfer it to me. That is ridiculous.

We should sue the government to make them do their job. So should Arizona.

I am very interested in this trust idea. I need to research it some more.

Mike

RM9792

Post by RM9792 » 14 Jul 2012, 18:42

It took almost 7 months to get my latest Suppressor form back. Turned in Nov 29, 2011 and got back around first of June.

rfd298

Post by rfd298 » 05 Aug 2012, 06:24

I put in for four stamps this year, two form 1's (sbr) and two form 4's (suppressors). I have received 2 back so far. They are running almost 6 months to the day of cashing the check.

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 15 Aug 2012, 07:29

Dealer has my can. Put my check in the mail yesterday. Let's see how long it takes.

Mike

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 15 Aug 2012, 07:59

Currently 6-9 months

ddouglas
Gold Member

Post by ddouglas » 15 Aug 2012, 08:28

The August 2012 issue of Shooting Industry, a monthly trade magazine, had a letter to the editor suggesting that Shooting Industry pay more attention to the "growing interest" in silencers. The Editor responded that it was a good idea and promised they would do so. The Editor also referred the readers to a new website dedicated to the silencer, http://americansilencerassociation.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I had a look at the site; since it's brand new, there's not a lot on it right now, but you fellas' might want to bookmark the site to see how it evolves.

Note to mods: if this post belongs in another thread, feel free to move it.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 15 Aug 2012, 09:11

Mike, you go through Sam or do you have another one?

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 17 Aug 2012, 09:57

Rapier1772 wrote:Mike, you go through Sam or do you have another one?
I went through Tucker on this one. I still want a FiveseveN can, but this whole process sucks. I guess I should get that one started now as well.

On the upside, at least the process gives me plenty of time to get the barrel threaded. :D

Mike

Gunlawyer

Post by Gunlawyer » 17 Aug 2012, 12:15

Had about 6 or 7 Form 4s and Form 1s arrive finally. They all took a couple weeks over, or a couple weeks under, 6 months. The 5320.20s are only taking a couple weeks though.

CT

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 28 Aug 2012, 05:18

This is a really interesting video. The second half is the ASA's (American Silencer Association) meeting with members of congress while the first half shows their tour of the NFA Branch. I took away 3 things from watching it:

1) It's easy to see why there is such a long backlog/wait times. The situation is really frustrating.

2) We've heard it before, but it seems that they really are working on eliminating the CLEO sign-off requirement.

3) If true, they are working on e-filing transfer forms that don't require fingerprints. It won't work for regular Form 1s or Form 4s, but NFA Trust transfers will be eligible (another reason to form a Trust, if this ever happens).

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 25 Sep 2012, 10:31

Quick update: I sent in a form 4 on 8-8-12, they cashed the check on 8-27-12 and it went pending in their database on 9-7-12.

According to the person I spoke with at NFA Branch, it is taking an average of 6 months from going pending until approval.

57js

Post by 57js » 25 Sep 2012, 16:38

jgreenberg01 wrote:Quick update: I sent in a form 4 on 8-8-12, they cashed the check on 8-27-12 and it went pending in their database on 9-7-12.

According to the person I spoke with at NFA Branch, it is taking an average of 6 months from going pending until approval.
It should take less then 6 months now. 5 months seems to be the new norm as the examiners are really trying to speed things up. I had a form 1 get bounced back for an ATF mistake that went pending second week of May. I was told I should get the tax stamp next week. The examiner I talked with told me that my item that went pending the second week of June should begin processing this week or possibly next week.

Assuming no problems with your application, I wouldn't be surprised if you will get approved end of January or early February.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 28 Sep 2012, 04:06

Depending on the examiner you get, most have been taking 6 months, some 5, some 7 or 8.
كاف

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 28 Sep 2012, 04:12

My gun store claims that they have one examiner who handles the majority of their for 4s. They are also claiming that this examiner is currently getting it done in 5 months. I suppose we'll see, but the others that I did through them in the past seemed to come through about 30 days faster than others at the time.

Brewerbob

Post by Brewerbob » 27 Nov 2012, 15:25

Form 4 wrote:I, _______________________________, have a reasonable necessity to
(Name of Transferee)
possess the machinegun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or destructive device described on this application for the following reason(s) and my possession of the device or weapon would be consistent with public safety (18 U.S.C. 922(b) (4) and 27 CFR 478.98).

What are the reasons? Because I want one, damn it. But I'm guessing citing the 2nd Amendment isn't what they are looking for.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 27 Nov 2012, 15:42

Brewerbob wrote:
Form 4 wrote:I, _______________________________, have a reasonable necessity to
(Name of Transferee)
possess the machinegun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or destructive device described on this application for the following reason(s) and my possession of the device or weapon would be consistent with public safety (18 U.S.C. 922(b) (4) and 27 CFR 478.98).

What are the reasons? Because I want one, damn it. But I'm guessing citing the 2nd Amendment isn't what they are looking for.
"COLLECTING, OTHER LAWFUL PURPOSE"

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Nov 2012, 16:03

I think they put "personal collection" on mine, gun store filled it out for me.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 27 Nov 2012, 18:36

The gun store put my last quote on all of my Form 4s. My NFA Lawyer suggested "Any Lawful Purpose" for my Form 1.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 30 Nov 2012, 01:51

For silencers I put collection, hearing protection.
كاف

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 18 Dec 2012, 07:37

Just called to check on the status of my form 4 that went pending on 9-7-12. Was told by the person at NFA Branch that it should be approved in March. Ugh.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 18 Dec 2012, 16:32

Ouch!
كاف

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 21 Feb 2013, 13:05

This website may be a good thing to sticky. There's a fair amount of user-submitted data used to determine probable wait times. They track:

* When forms are submitted to NFA Branch
* When checks are cashed by the ATF
* When stamp goes pending in ATF's system
* When stamp is approved by ATF
* When stamp is received by dealer/individual
* Origin of NFA item (at dealer, Form 3, Form 4, Form 1)
* If the NFA item is submitted as a Trust/Individual

The site predicts when you should receive your tax stamp based on ALL data received as well as data from the last 6 months (which is probably more accurate).

http://www.nfatracker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 21 Feb 2013, 13:14

My check to the BATF cleared on 08/20/12 and I received my paperwork with tax stamp on 02/09/13. Approximately 173 days.

Mike

Zhurdan

Post by Zhurdan » 21 Feb 2013, 14:08

Just ordered an AAC SDN-6. Guess I've got 6 months of waiting... dammit!

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 21 Feb 2013, 14:15

Just got off the phone with the ATF - Surefire FA762K stamp that went pending on 9-7-2012 was approved on 2-16-2013. Now just gotta wait for snailmail (aka USPS) to get the stamp to my dealer.

Have a SWR Spectre II that went pending 2 weeks after the 308 can. Hopefully that approval is a week or so away.

By the way, 2-16-2013 was a Saturday. NFA Branch works Saturdays???? Whodathunk...

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 21 Feb 2013, 15:21

Nice! I need to get off my arse and get a 9mm/300 blk can.
كاف

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 06 Mar 2013, 11:31

Second tax stamp arrived in a two week time period, I'm excited! Here are the wait times experienced:

And here's the latest suppressor:

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 07 Mar 2013, 15:35

I hoping the roll out a new way to process NFA applications soon.
كاف

bravo619
custom title: Concrete Jungle

Post by bravo619 » 11 Mar 2013, 16:45

Thats if your lucky and no errors. :thumb:
Zhurdan wrote:Just ordered an AAC SDN-6. Guess I've got 6 months of waiting... dammit!

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 11 Mar 2013, 16:50

This,, Everything i have is on a trust and i don't have to wait on barney to be in a good mood either. 7 stamps total. :thumb:
57js wrote:
srt-4_jon wrote:if you have a wife and kids, trust is the way to go.
I would say a trust is probably the way to go even if you don't have wife and kids. In some cases, it is the only way to go if your police chief won't sign off on the form. Just make sure you have some trustworthy people you can add as a trustee though you can even set up a trust with only you as a trustee, if you want.

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 11 Mar 2013, 17:33

I would love to have a trust, but I'm not shelling out 1 to 2 grand for one.

Mike

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 11 Mar 2013, 19:31

1-2grand? Mine cost $200 and I thought that was high

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 11 Mar 2013, 19:41

Depends on your state & the lawyers.
I've check into trusts a few times & all were near a grand for an attorney to set one up. :wall:

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 17 Mar 2013, 21:36

My dealer does the trust when you buy a can from him in Okc for 50 bucks. all legit and never had an issue, just get it notarized send a copy of schedule a and wait.

faldoc

Post by faldoc » 18 Mar 2013, 11:29

I sent in form 4s for a Sparrow 22 Sept 14, last year, it was approved March 3, I picked it up March 12. Right at 6 months. I am in NC.

Ditch
Platinum Member

Post by Ditch » 07 Jul 2013, 04:49

the quote I got for trust here in NC is 400 for military and veterans. 500 for the others.
For Those Who Came Home...
For Those Who Did Not Come Home...
For Those Who Have Yet To Come Home...

Ditch
Platinum Member

Post by Ditch » 25 Nov 2013, 12:40

sent off form 4 today for my sparrow II, with trust see how long it takes.
For Those Who Came Home...
For Those Who Did Not Come Home...
For Those Who Have Yet To Come Home...

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 06 Jun 2014, 08:15

My check cleared on 09/04/13. My dealer received the paperwork on 06/05/14. 274 day wait.

Mike

Captan Harold D

Post by Captan Harold D » 07 Jun 2014, 05:56

My check cleared on 9/20/13. Waiting and hopeing!! If I get Vortec MAX treatment, YeHaa!!

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 10 Jun 2014, 15:24

My last one I just picked up was nine months. Get settled, it's going to be a while.
كاف

Ditch
Platinum Member

Post by Ditch » 12 Aug 2014, 14:18

just picked up my 22 sparrow :D
pending 2 DEC 2013
approved 5 AUG 2014
received 12 AUG 2014
I put off buying a barrel for my FiveseveN now I will have to wait on that :facepalm:

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 27 Aug 2014, 16:02

I love that pistol, you should replace the mag safety with a "sam lam" bushing if they still make them.

Looks like he does still make them, best mod I have done to the pistol by far, the trigger pull really smooths out.

http://www.samlambushing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
كاف

Bryan5432
Silver Member

Post by Bryan5432 » 28 Aug 2014, 05:57

I like it :)

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 03 Sep 2014, 09:16

That looks very much like one that I own. I have the "Lite" version and a different RMR and mount. I see the VQ trigger on there. Did you get rid of the mag safety so the mags drop free yet? I even have the Sparrow :)

Mike

Ditch
Platinum Member

Post by Ditch » 05 Sep 2014, 00:57

I did the VQ internals for a mark II so no mag safety, my mags mostly drop free most of the time. but I can not play with it now as I am in Japan for the next few months.