Holster sources for FsN

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

bedrock

Re: Holsters

Post by bedrock » 03 Mar 2011, 06:44

I also prefer Kydex but I've gone back to shoulder holsters because carrying on the waist tends to be hard on my guns (for instance, yesterday I was ib waist deep snow, and there
always seems to be dirt, brush, bumping and banging) and this was about the only shoulder holster choice if you're going to attach a light. The tie downs are heavy nylon alligator type clips, like suspnder clips, that will bite on anything from zero to about 3/16" thick. I'll post a photo or two when I get a minute but if it requires photo bucket we might be out of luck. I will say that the FiveseveN is kinda big to conceal horizantally in any holster so I might set it up vertically but then it'd take me all day to draw the darn thing.

Davidlee
custom title: Code orange

Post by Davidlee » 05 Mar 2011, 13:44

I recently bought a five seven and also ordered a comptac CTAC holster IWB, I've used Comptac minataur for another handgun so I knew the Comptac brand is excellent. The CTAC fits the five seven like a glove and is tuckable, also adjustable cant. Love my CTAC and Five Seven combo, does take a little getting use to if you carry full time. Will use the moleskin man made adhesive felt for backing to add a little extra comfort.

Renegadephoenix

Post by Renegadephoenix » 15 Mar 2011, 20:17

Just Picked up my Atomic Dog Holster for my FiveSeven Pistol. they are also making me a couple sets of Mag Pouches for it as well.

will post pics when i can

http://www.atomicdogholsters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nickf150fx4

Post by Nickf150fx4 » 28 Mar 2011, 19:10

I'm going to be getting my concealed carry by the time summer rolls around and have been reading all the holster threads on here over and over. I keep coming back to the blackhawk serpa with the carbon fiber. One thing that is holding me back from getting this one is in more than one thread people have talked about their Five seveNs getting what they call the serpa kiss or a mark or scratch from the black hawk holsters. I was just wondering how many of you have actually got this and if you have any pics of how bad it actually is? My gun is no safe queen by any means but I Have been known take very very good care of all my guns...lol it bugs the crap out of some people that I do that. I know my truck won't go a month without me detailing it completely. Maybe I'm just a clean freak.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 07 Apr 2011, 07:54

I ordered these for my Sig Pro.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=773067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI THEY ARE NOT NEW.

One was fairly new and the other totally worn out. I am like WTF extra holster tried my 1911 in it but it fell out since this is made for the blocky Sig. Well then I tried my FsN and it fit perfectly.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Lockadoc

Post by Lockadoc » 06 May 2011, 20:19

Uncle Mikes inside the pants holster # 8905-2 size 5
it is made of some type of cloth and fits in the small of the back and holds the gun very well
Bill S

Gramaton Cleric
Gold Member
custom title: Gun Kata

Post by Gramaton Cleric » 24 May 2011, 20:16

I just picked up a Spartan IWB holster from Comp Tac. I like :thumb: If i knew how to add pics I would :wall:
Aim small,Miss Small!
NRA LIFE Member
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 24 May 2011, 20:42

:ponder: welllllllllll, lucky for you the answer is in the site info

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lobo

"Bother", said Pooh, as he centered the sights on Tigger.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 24 May 2011, 21:31

Thank you Lobo.

Gramaton - a Comp-Tac review thread is also already started:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please post there :thumb:
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Gramaton Cleric
Gold Member
custom title: Gun Kata

Re: Holster sources for FsN

Post by Gramaton Cleric » 25 May 2011, 16:20

ooops my bad lol i just saw this and was lazy truthfully so i posted here! lol
Aim small,Miss Small!
NRA LIFE Member
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 25 May 2011, 21:41

Rapier - no problem, I'm trying to be a helpfull one :cool:

Gramaton - Bad! Bad boy! no cookie for you :lmao:

Lobo

Louisiana: We're Not All Drunk Cajun Wackos, But That's Our Tourism Campaign

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 29 May 2011, 10:52

Just a housekeeping note: I've moved some of the review type comments from the holster source thread over to the associated review thread (if there is one). If y'all notice a strange or missing comment, that is probably the reason.

Renegadephoenix wrote:Just Picked up my Atomic Dog Holster for my FiveSeven Pistol. they are also making me a couple sets of Mag Pouches for it as well. will post pics when i can
http://www.atomicdogholsters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry Renegade, I somehow missed your post before. I checked their website & the FsN isn't listed on the "models supported" section. I can't put it on the list if we can't verify they make it. It says they may do custom work though :ponder:
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

dwk5150

Post by dwk5150 » 26 Jul 2011, 17:27

Theis Holsters

http://www.theisholsters.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Snaproll
custom title: Jim

Post by Snaproll » 07 Sep 2011, 18:06

I just got the Veridian belt holster for the fiveseven. There is a review on youtube panning the thing because you can't draw the firearm without two hands. Yes this is true, no quicks-draw-mcdraw in my future. Then again I don't need to pull a Barney Fife or like that dork that shot himself in the leg. I actually want a leg holster for woods walking.

Anyway, the real problem with the holster is that the holster is open on the end and about a half inch too short so the front sight (which is kind of high) sticks out the bottom and hooks on the holster. The holster is ok for my needs, which is really just to carry it in the woods but I would not trust it in a CCW situation.

I'm also trying to get a good horizontal shoulder rig out of Soft Armor. So far they are on attempt number three. There was no way the first two would come close to fitting the gun with the laser. Hopefully #3 will work which is on the way in the mail. The folks are Soft Armor have been very understanding. If you like shoulder rigs, they do a reasonable job, lots of adjustments and the price point is very good.

I also like the Battlestar Galactica holster from "The Vest Guy". If it would actually hold the fiveseven with a Veridian on it I would get one. I sent the company an email inquiring about it but it's been about a week with no reply. Either their email is not working or it's some little ma and pa part-time operation.

Anways, it is amazing at how little is available in the way of holsters with a laser/light. Most of the gun shops around here look like you grew a third eye right in front of them if you ask to see them.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 07 Sep 2011, 19:33

We can make a kydex holster in over a dozen colors and patterns in any light comb you have on your FsN.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Valorius
Banned
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Post by Valorius » 07 Sep 2011, 19:43

panzermk2 wrote:We can make a kydex holster in over a dozen colors and patterns in any light comb you have on your FsN.
I have a Viridian C5L on mine, how much for a left handed Kydex OWB/Belt slide type holster, if i might ask?

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 07 Sep 2011, 19:47

http://www.eliteammunition.net/custom_a ... _shop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valorius
Banned
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Post by Valorius » 07 Sep 2011, 20:17

Thanks. You guys are going to be getting a lot of my money pretty soon. :)

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 08 Sep 2011, 18:41

Center of Mass Holsters show an option for the Five Seven as well if you want to add that to the kydex section.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 08 Sep 2011, 19:00

A link would've been nice :p
Source added :thumb: