Headspace on FnH MKII

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Bazzer69
Silver Member
custom title: Erk of the first ord

Headspace on FnH MKII

Post by Bazzer69 » 27 Apr 2015, 07:50

I am getting a little "nick" on every fired cartridge case on my new MKII. It appears to be coming from either the Ejector Pawl, or the Load indicator. Do you get this? Is it normal?
Also, what is the headspace between the barrel and the receiver when loaded and a dummy round chambered? Mine is about 10-15 thou. (eyeballing this) .
I'm also getting some marking on the face of the barrel where it is contacting the receiver . This seems strange since I don't see how this contact should ever happen, but it is happening. So do I have a defective barrel/receiver?
Bazzer

Bazzer69
Silver Member
custom title: Erk of the first ord

Re: Headspace on FnH MKII

Post by Bazzer69 » 27 Apr 2015, 08:06

Ok, I figured out the answer to the last problem, that is the marking of the face of the barrel. It is when the barrel makes contact with the receiver when there is not a round chambered. If you release the receiver from the rear position with the receiver release and let the receiver "slam" forward, it will make contact with the receiver and mark the face. To prevent this happening do not let the receiver slam forward, instead control the forward movement with your free hand. This is only, of course if you don't want to chamber a round.