Night Sights

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

ewetstone

Night Sights

Post by ewetstone » 12 Jan 2015, 17:24

I currently have the adjustable rear sight and standard front post.

I did some googling, also looked on elite ammunition website but could not find any place that has fixed night sights for the FsN.

Anyone know if Meprolight or Trijicon make fixed night sights for it?

ETA: EA shows it can convert the rear adjustable to night sights but I would like to change the rear to fixed night sights.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Night Sights

Post by panzermk2 » 13 Jan 2015, 21:14

Ok to be clear,

We can change your adjustable sights to fixed night sights. You need to swap out the front blade, rear sight assembly and cover.

But only if your FsN is a MKI or older.

MKII FsN have totally different slides, slide covers and sights. There have NEVER been fixed sights of any kind offered for them from anyone in any way including FNH.

I have yet to have one of my rear night sight blades returned to me due to it breaking. Roughly 500+ night sight half on LEO guns and non sent back.

Also the impact differences between just the factory ammo lead guys who have switched to fixed end up switching back.

If I saw even the remotely decent amount of demand I would have a fixed option created for the MKII FsN. It would not be cheap and to date I have had no one ask for fixed on a MKII.

I would be open to doing a one off rear fixed MKII night sight if the person who wants it is willing to pay for it and not complain about the cost of a custom one off fabricated sight.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

ewetstone

Post by ewetstone » 13 Jan 2015, 22:19

panzermk2 wrote:Ok to be clear,

We can change your adjustable sights to fixed night sights. You need to swap out the front blade, rear sight assembly and cover.

But only if your FsN is a MKI or older.

MKII FsN have totally different slides, slide covers and sights. There have NEVER been fixed sights of any kind offered for them from anyone in any way including FNH.

I have yet to have one of my rear night sight blades returned to me due to it breaking. Roughly 500+ night sight half on LEO guns and non sent back.

Also the impact differences between just the factory ammo lead guys who have switched to fixed end up switching back.

If I saw even the remotely decent amount of demand I would have a fixed option created for the MKII FsN. It would not be cheap and to date I have had no one ask for fixed on a MKII.

I would be open to doing a one off rear fixed MKII night sight if the person who wants it is willing to pay for it and not complain about the cost of a custom one off fabricated sight.
Yes...mine is a MKI/USG.

The sights look great.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 13 Jan 2015, 22:35

In the photo it is an Adjustable cover, fixed have a rectangular opening to match the sight.

Every thing is in stock and ready to go. Plus we still give credit for your take off parts if they are in good shape.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

ewetstone

Post by ewetstone » 13 Jan 2015, 22:39

panzermk2 wrote:In the photo it is an Adjustable cover, fixed have a rectangular opening to match the sight.

Every thing is in stock and ready to go. Plus we still give credit for your take off parts if they are in good shape.
Great....They look nice. My current sights look to be in decent shape to use as credit against the new night sights. I will send an email later this week.

On another subject you should be receiving my barrel/spring assembly on Thursday for the swap to the heavy duty recoil spring.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 13 Jan 2015, 22:42

I will be looking for it.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

ewetstone

Post by ewetstone » 13 Jan 2015, 22:45

Out of curiosity what distance would the fixed sights be dialed in for after you install them?

Also...the cover in the picture of the rear fixed sight above looks identical to my cover. Why would the cover need to be changed?

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 13 Jan 2015, 23:42

ewetstone wrote:Out of curiosity what distance would the fixed sights be dialed in for after you install them?
I can't dial them in they are fixed. Sometimes SS197 point of aim at 25 feet. The problem is the velocities of SS197 vary so much from lot to lot this can't be counted on.
ewetstone wrote: Also...the cover in the picture of the rear fixed sight above looks identical to my cover. Why would the cover need to be changed?
Because the opening will allow crap to get into the slide.

Also because about 1 out of ever 10 people treat guns as safe queens and would cry like babies with a 2 day diaper rash if I installed them without the proper cover.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

ewetstone

Post by ewetstone » 14 Jan 2015, 08:54

panzermk2 wrote:
ewetstone wrote:Out of curiosity what distance would the fixed sights be dialed in for after you install them?
I can't dial them in they are fixed. Sometimes SS197 point of aim at 25 feet. The problem is the velocities of SS197 vary so much from lot to lot this can't be counted on.
ewetstone wrote: Also...the cover in the picture of the rear fixed sight above looks identical to my cover. Why would the cover need to be changed?
Because the opening will allow crap to get into the slide.

Also because about 1 out of ever 10 people treat guns as safe queens and would cry like babies with a 2 day diaper rash if I installed them without the proper cover.
I understand.

variable

Post by variable » 10 Feb 2015, 08:51

What about the front sight on a Tactical?

There is a hole up front to push the Trilux ampule out?

Odd.